Please be sure when bringing in your items for consignment all your items are brought in on hangers.
With over 600+ consignors we do not have room in our store locations to hang in the store. Being consignment we pride ourselves on be organized and keeping all consignors items organized to be put on their account.
In order to do this we do require all items to be brought in on hangers to prevent from piles of
This is a small step in order to keep your consignment experience to its full potential to make you the most
$$$ for your gently used items!
WHY CONSIGN WITH MY BEST FRIEND'S CLOSET?
Are you one of many people who have no extra room in your closet but plenty of great clothes you no longer wear? "My Best Friend's Closet" sells your gently used name brand clothing and gives you 40% of the selling price. While other stores give you 15% of what your item might sell for, My Best Friend's Closet gives you 3 times as much. Why sell your items for pennies on the dollar when your name brand clothing can bring top dollar at My Best Friend's Closet! Bring in your items and watch your money grow. There's little work involved and money just waiting to be made! Please click below for requirements on how to bring your items in for consignment.
WE ACCEPT MEN'S (only Barry Road location) , LADIES, JUNIOR'S, PLUS SIZE, PURSES, SHOES AND ACCESSORIES.
Unlike other used clothing stores that pay you 20% of what your item sells for in cash, "My Best Friend's Closet" pays you 40% of the selling price. Yes, that’s right . . . .40%! We know you need to receive the most cash from your gently used items and consigning your items with us allows you to make much more!
A lot of our consignors bring in items as they lose or gain weight, change jobs and need a new wardrobe, or simply love shopping and need to rotate their closets. Our consignors love bringing in their items and shopping off their in store credit! It's a GREAT way to always have the new stylish trends and not allow your closets to become overwhelmed with unworn clothing.
How Consignment Works
"My Best Friend's Closet" keeps your items on the sales floor for 90 days. As your items sells, you will receive 40% of the selling price as a credit to your account. You can use the money in your account for store credit or you can receive the balance of your account in cash.
Making the Most of Your Items
The better your items looks when you bring them in, the faster they will sell! So take the time to make sure items look up to their full potential.
Below is a list of requirements for items we will accept.
- ALL CLOTHING MUST BE BROUGHT IN ON HANGERS! DUE TO SPACE WE ARE UNABLE TO ALLOW CONSIGNORS TO HANG THEIR ITEMS IN THE STORE. THIS ALLOWS US TO KEEP YOUR ITEMS ORGANIZED TILL THEY ARE PRICED AND MAKES THE PROCESS A LOT SPEEDIER FOR YOU!
- We only accept in-season items; however jeans and pants are accepted year around.
- Make sure all items are cleaned and pressed and free of any odors, missing buttons or holes. Please cover your items with a bag after washing if they will be around smoke.
- Items must be within 2 years of current fashion
- We only accept name brand clothing. No clothing from discount store such as Wal-Mart, Dollar General, and Kmart.
- Now accepting 50 items per week. This is subject to change.
- If it did not sell at your garage sale I am sorry but it will not sell here.
- We only accept Men's, Ladies, Junior's, Plus Size, Purses, Shoes, and Accessories
WE ACCEPT ITEMS 7 DAYS A WEEK.
WE ASK THAT YOU BRING YOUR ITEMS IN BETWEEN OPEN AND AN HOUR PRIOR TO CLOSING.
My Best Friend's Closet, Shawnee
12152 Shawnee Mission
Shawnee, Kansas 66216
Located in the same strip mall as Price Chopper and Hallmark at the intersection of
My Best Friend's Closet,
347 NW BARRY ROAD
KANSAS CITY, MO 64155
NEXT TO HARBOR FREIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM METRO NORTH MALL.
Monday - Friday
Please bring consignment's in an hour prior to closing.
We accept consignments
7 days a week!